Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Cupcakes




Or should I say, heaven in cupcake shape!? Either way, This is the perfect combination between moist and delicious vanilla flavored cupcakes, creamy and savory cream cheese flavor and the deliciousness of fresh, just sliced, strawberries.
I am seriously obsessed with this ones. I don´t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.






Anyways. This are super easy to make, you only need:
Mise in place for the Cupcakes:
-1 box of cake mix. I used vanilla.
-1 ¼ cup water
¼ cup oil
3 eggs
Follow the instructions on package then let them cook completely before start decorating.

Mise in place for strawberries:
Grab a bunch of strawberries and slice them.
It took half strawberry per cupcakes = 3 slices per cupcake.
But it´s not a must, it all depends on how many you want to use.

Mise in place for the Frosting:
8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup (60 grams) confectioners' (icing or powdered) sugar, sifted
½ cup of whipped cream.
** Frosting adapted from Joy of Baking This is by far THE best cream cheese frosting I have tried that has a good flavor and works for piping.

Instructions as well as how to assemble everything is here:





I really like them! I am a freak for cream cheese everything, and the combination of those 3 elements (cake, cream cheese frosting, strawberries) ) are the bomb!
I wanted to share this idea, since I think they look gorgeous together, specially for a dessert table.





Give them a try, and if you do, send your pics my way to @cutesimplestuff and Enjoy!

PS. I would feel kind of silly if I did not mention where I got the filling idea from. Most likely you have watched this video already, but just in case.
PS2. How cool is his job!?




Renee

Comments