Decorated Box for Decorated Cookies | Home Décor





Please excuse the different lighting in all these photos, the sun was going nuts when I was taking them, and sometimes I don´t like to edit my photos!


I love decorating cookies, even if my cookies are far from being perfect. I still love the art of decorating them. And because I wanted a pretty “home” for my (according to me) pretty cookies I wanted to do something with a regular cookie box I had.

With that in mind, a few months back I was watching Disney´s Alice in Wonderland, and I saw the scene where she picks a cookie and I thought the cookie box or stand was lovely.  Funny enough, I actually never paid attention to the cookie part before, then when I started decorating cookies. I knew I liked that part of the movie for some reason but I never knew exactly why. It’s the cookies and the stand!

Well, I took a screen shoot of that scene and I had two thoughts. The first one: “Why don´t I make Disney´s Alice In wonderland Inspired Cookies”(post coming soon)?” and my second thought: “Why don´t I make a pretty box inspired by that scene where I can also place my Alice in Wonderland cookies?”. Basically recreating the whole scene. I just loved it, and I love Alice, and honestly, Disney too!

So I did, or I attempted to. My box is not an exact recreation and is far from being as pretty, but is just my take on it, with the materials I already had. My cookie box kind of also reminds me of Princess Jasmine from Aladdin, so I guess is a mix between the two.

MATERIALS:
-  COOKIE BOX
-WHITE / MINT / GOLD ACRYLIC PAINT
- BRUSHES
- PAINT SPONGE
- LID
- HOT GLUE GUN / REGULAR GLUE
- CARD BOARD
- SCISSORS
- STENCIL

How-to below. Thank you and I hope you like it!

Comments