Strawberry Heart Clay Necklace



A few months ago, I had the inspiration to make this Strawberry Hearth shaped Necklace, using one of my favorite materials when it comes to creating something from scratch: Polymer Clay.
It was about the same time when I discovered clay actually, and once you start “playing” with it, you never go back.




I started like crazy making a bunch of different “designs” but this type is by far my favorite. It is simple, easy, cute, suitable, versatile and of course fun, fun so much fun.
I am not the kind of person to hang a ton of stuff from my neck, but I definitely like to have a some some to complete whatever I am wearing.  And as childish and crazy as this sounds (or reads) I think a strawberry goes with a lot of things, just because they are too cute.




But, for my first one I decided copy-paste how strawberries look like exacty, you know: red, yellow and green. For this time I decided to be a bit of a “grown up” (sure…) and add some gold on it, to make it look a bit more sophisticated. Just a bit.




To make this one you only need:
1)Red, Yellow, Green Polymer clay.
2)Roller
3)Thin bush and gold paint (I recommend acrylic or nail polish even, for rainy weather)
4) Piece of wire
5) Thin Gold Chain
6) 2bead tips
7) 1 Clasp
8) Pliers and cutters.
Optional and mentioned in the how-to video:
9) Clay conditioning machine
10) X Acto knife




This one is just to compare: The left one has glaze on it, the right one has non. They both look a bit different, but very much the same.

Here is the how-to:




Pretty easy, right? Try it, it´s fun! Don´t forget to tweet me a pic of your creation @cutesimplestuff.
Take Care. Xo. Renee

Comments